Kintu Expeditions Machupicchu Tour:.inka trail 2 days
SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2DAYS / 1NIGHT
Day 01: Cusco – Aguas Calientes
We pick you up from your hotel at 05.30am and take you to San Pedro train station to board the train that will take us to km.104 km on the Cusco – Machu Picchu railroad (starting point of the trek), where we will arrive at around 10:00 am. We start visiting the Chachabamba archaeological complex (2150 masl), located very close to the control point, to then embark upon an 8 km ascending trail, which after four hours takes us to the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna (2700 masl). This is an impressive complex made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector. On the way up we will have magnificent views of the Urubamba River valley and the Choquesuysuy archaeological complex located on the other side of the river, and also of a beautiful waterfall located just a few minutes away from Wiñaywayna. We then go on and climb to Intipunku, or The Sun Gate. This will take an hour of hiking along a trail of flat stones on the edges of cliffs in highland jungle. From this fabulous spot, we may contemplate the sacred citadel of Machu Picchu. From Intipunku we descend to Machupicchu and then by bus to Aguas Calientes. Accommodation and overnight at the selected hotel.
Day 02: Aguas Calientes – Cusco
We pick you up early from your hotel, board a bus to go up to Machu Picchu and then immediately begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately two hours. You will then have free time to walk around, climb the Huaynapicchu Mountain, where one can experience spectacular views of all of Machu Picchu, the valleys and mountains that surround it, or visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. In the afternoon, we meet in the town of Aguas Calientes where, if you like, you can visit and relax in the thermal baths. From here we take the train back to the city of Cusco, where we arrive after nightfall. Accommodations in hotel.
What is included:
• Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer to San Pedro Station in Cusco
• Train ticket from Cusco to km.104 (starting point of the trail)
• Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fees
• Accommodation at a Hostel in Aguas Calientes
• English speaking professional guide (2 guides for groups over 8 people).
• Meals: 1 Breakfasts in Hotel/ 1 Box lunch / 1 Dinners in restaurant
• First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
• Round trip bus tickets Aguas Calientes –Machu Picchu– Aguas Calientes – 2nd day
• Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (Backpacker service)
What is not included:
• Lunch and dinner on the last day: after the guided tour at Machu Picchu, you can enjoy free time to further visit the ruins and choose to have lunch either in Machupicchu or in Aguas Calientes at your own expense. Arrival in Cusco is estimated around 9.00pm, dinner being at your own expense too.
• Visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes: a relaxing way to end-up the trek while you’re awaiting the return train to Cusco, only 10 minutes from the village center, entrance fee is S/. 5.00. Towels can be hired in Aguas Calientes.
What you need to bring and carry:
• A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek. Recommended: T shirts, shorts and some warm clothes
• Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
• Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold
• Sun block
• Insect repellent
• Toilet paper
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
• Water bottle and sterilizing tablets (ie. Micropur)
• Swimsuit (if you intend to go to the hot springs)
• Cash in soles and/or US$ (no ATM machines in Aguas Calientes)
• Original passport
• Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required)
Optional services to be hired:
• The standard service includes first night accommodation at a hostel in Aguas Calientes. If you wish to choose a higher category hotel, an upgrade is possible at an additional cost, which will be equivalent to the existing price gap between the selected hotel and the one included in the standard service.
• An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for you at an additional cost depending on the hotel you choose.
• If you wish to visit Machu Picchu again the following day, the additional cost of the entrance fee.
Students: (students require a valid International Student Identity Card and must be below 26 years of age)
IF YOU DONT
FIND SPACE FOR THE INKA TRAIL
CAMINO INKA 2D/1N (ALTERNATIVE ROUTE)